Wallaby Tail, Borlotti Bean & Pumpkin Soup
- Enough for two good drizzles of olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 butternut pumpkin diced into large chunks
- 1 cup borlotti beans, shelled
- 1 knob of butter
- 2 wallaby tails
- 1L chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fennel fronds or parsley and sour cream to serve
- Rinse wallaby tails and pat dry.
- Dress with olive oil and salt sear in a smoking hot pan until caramel in colour (couple of minutes on each side).
- Remove and set aside. In the same pan, reduce heat to medium and melt a knob of butter.
- Add the onions to soften for 2 minutes. Add the pumpkin and beans and cook until soft.
- Still at a medium heat, add the stock and seasoning and cook for 2-3 hours with the lid ajar until the wallaby meat begins to fall off the bone.
- When ready to serve, remove the meat, add back to the soup and discard the bones.
- Enjoy with a spoon of sour cream and garnish with fennel fronds or parsley.