2kg Goat chops
2 Onions Diced
2 Carrots diced
Lemon rind from one lemon
1 Cinnamon stick
4 Cardamom seeds
1 Star anise
1 tbl dried chili
4 tbl curry powder
1 tin of diced tomatoes
200g yogurt Seasoning
1. With a heavy sauce pan smoke off your spices so that they become more fragrant and alive.
2. In a stockpot, add a little oil and seal of your goat chops until browned.
3. Add your spices and vegetables and stir around for 1 minute.
4. Add your tomatoes and the yogurt and place the curry on simmer for 2 hours or until the meat is tender on the bone.
5. Season to taste.
6. Thicken sauce with some tomato paste if too runny, serve with some fragrant rice and a good glass of red. I suggest BABO 2006 sangiovese Toscana available from any Booze Brother’s liquor store.
Recipe By grant Schooling Executive Chef Gilbert Street Hotel 82319909